Pinner Archers were formed in 1982. The current membership is approximately 30 archers, with new members joining each year after completion of the successful Beginners Course. Members several of whom hold teaching and coaching certificates run this in June and July, comprising five weekly sessions.
Pinner Archers shoot outdoors at their Metropolitan Bushey shooting grounds on Sunday afternoons during Spring, Summer and also one Sunday a month in the Autumn and Winter.
Indoor shooting takes place on Monday evenings from 7:30pm at Tithe Farm Social Club in Rayners Lane, Middlesex from September to April. Pinner Archers have access to an indoor 20 yd hall at Tithe Farm Social Club.
The club can accommodate Recurve, Barebow and Long Bow disciplines.
If you are interested in our Beginners Course (held in June) or more details about our club please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org you can also visit our website at: www.pinnerarchers.org
The club has nurtured and produced many Test and County Cricketers of excellent quality throughout the years. The two famous servants to have played Tests for England in the recent past are Angus Fraser and Mark Ramprakash and are still keen to don the flannels for the club when free.
The bowls club recently renamed as Metropolitan Bushey Bowls Club was founded in 1934 and was then known as “Metropolitan Police No.2 District Bowls Club”. The green was at the District Sports Ground which formed part of the Metropolitan Police Training School at Hendon. The Club was an integral part of the Metropolitan Police Bowling Association.
The bowling green at Bushey was one of the first areas developed when the Metropolitan Police purchased the land at Aldenham Road in 1964. The Club opened in 1967 and the bowls club was renamed “The Metropolitan Police (Bushey) Bowls Club”. The Club was affiliated to Watford & District Bowling Association and the Hertfordshire Bowling Association. It has maintained those affiliations throughout the past 50+ years.
The first greenkeeper at Bushey was Bob Southwood who maintained the green to such a high standard that Hertfordshire had no hesitation in holding the County Championships on the green for several consecutive years.
The Club is proud that during the years at Bushey it has provided three County Presidents in the form of Cyril Dace, Peter McNulty and Graham Searle.
The Club continues to support both the District and County in competitions and friendly fixtures.
Find out more:
Formed in 1953, Old Salvatorians is one of the largest clubs in the Amateur Football Combination, itself one of the biggest football leagues in the world with around 300 teams competing each Saturday. Originally formed only for past pupils and teachers of the Salvatorian College, with which the club still has close links, the club is now “open” and welcomes players who want to enjoy their football, be as good as they can and develop life long friendships.
Our philosophy is based on combining football and friendship. For over sixty years, the club has nurtured this and retains the old boys spirit of playing hard but fair, then enjoying the craic afterwards. Whether an existing or prospective player, past member, opponent, referee, other official or spectator, we welcome and invite you to enjoy our hospitality this season.
Oxhey FC (the O’s) was founded in 1951 by Ken Christmas and his brother, Will, with the vision of making a club that had family values at its’ core with a mission to offer football to as many people as possible. This vision has stayed true today with two generations of several families involved in the playing and day-to-day running of the club.
Garston Ladies FC is a Charter Standard football club for girls and women aged 4 and upwards – the biggest and most successful all-female club in Hertfordshire!
Bushey and Oxhey Football Club are members of the West Herts Youth League and affiliated to the Hertfordshire Football Association.